Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Maastricht Favorites: The Kids Upstairs

The first lesson: cardinals and ice cream cones
Our upstairs neighbor is a very nice family, with three sons. I had brought some children's art supplies to Maastricht, and I offered to give the boys a few art lessons. They liked the idea, so we met three times for the lessons, on the first floor of our building. 
I speak no Dutch (except dank u wel and alstublieft), but they speak a little bit of English so we got by with that. The boys are great kids, very funny…and also very talented! They created some wonderful artwork and had a lot of fun in the process. It was a very nice way to get to know them. I promised that when we return to Maastricht I'll give my young friends from upstairs more art lessons!


The last lesson was the week before Christmas. The boys were very excited about the upcoming holiday, and they showed up wearing Santa hats. I loved that! 
I miss them...




No comments:

Post a Comment